MAIL ORDER RARE RECORDS
PO BOX 1686 PLAINS PA 18705-0686 USA
TEL: 570/472-9137 (noon-10PM eastern [NYC] time)
FAX: 570/472-9489 (24 hours)
email here This email link should bring up an email from you to me. If not, my email address is shown below:
Specialized in '60s / '70s psychedelic, garage, folk, hard rock, progressive, obscure rock, etc on original-issue vinyl LP's. Buy / Sell / Trade.
IMPORTANT: if your email bounced, or
I didn't reply within 48 hours (which means I never received your mail, or you
may have been spam-filtered...this almost never happens these days), send another email. If that doesn't work you are welcome to
call or fax at the numbers above
PAYPAL acceped here. If you require a Paypal invoice for your order, just ask.
/ MasterCard / American Express / Discover are now accepted via PAYPAL
will be updating this site eventually. Watch this space.
For now I will be at record shows as follows: Danbury CT
10/23/2016, New Haven CT 11/6/2016, Littlefield (622 Degraw, Brooklyn
NY) 12/4/2016, and WFMU Record Fair in Brooklyn next spring- if you are
in the area, please stop by!
Use the menu at left to navigate the site. PLEASE read the
"ordering info" page BEFORE ordering! To reserve items, just click on
the email link to open an email to me, then type (or copy and paste) the titles
& prices of the items you want from my site into the email, then send it to
me along with your shipping info. I will reply promptly with a bill. No
shopping cart as I generally do not have quantities available on many items-
most are one of a kind and sold first-come, first-served.
OVERSEAS POSTAGE INFO:
Overseas postage will be charged at my APPROXIMATE ACTUAL COST for each specific service.
1) EMS, GEM, Express Airmail, etc are now Express Mail International (EMI). Insurance up to $100 declared value is free, and can be purchased at higher values.
2) Air Letter Post (formerly Small Packet) is now First-Class Mail International (FCMI). For one LP sent to UK, Greece, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Australia, etc, airmail will be around $18 plus around $4-$5 for each aditional LP. This rate class only applies to parcels up to four pounds weight, just as it always has. In general, parcels containing more than five LP records are too heavy to be sent at this rate. FCMI can be sent registered but cannot be insured, just like letter post was before. Registered fee is now $11.75 per parcel if you want registered mail.
3) Air Parcel Post is now Priority Mail International (PMI). This rate will only be used for parcels of 4 pounds weight or higher (or if you insist on insured shipment for a lighter parcel)- generally, any parcel contining more than five LP records. PMI can be insured but not registered, just like Parcel Post was before. PMI includes a TRACKING NUMBER free of charge and ALSO includes insurance up to around $75 of value for most countries (this varies by country). Additional insurance may be purchased at cost.
4) Surface Mail (aka Economy) no longer exists, sorry to say.
DOMESTIC POSTAGE INFO:
IMPORTANT: POSTAGE AND INSURANCE for USA shipments.
MEDIA MAIL / DELIVERY CONFIRMATION SHIPMENT (if you want insurance added, ask).
1-3 LP's: $4 for media / delivery conf shipment
4-10 LP's: $6 for media / delivery conf shipment
7 or more LP's (ANY QUANTITY): $8 for media / delivery conf shipment
This is my "best deal" for USA shipments, it saves me calculating postage charges and saves you some money.
Please remember that USPS Media Mail is cheap because it is SLOW (can take 2 weeks or longer to the West Coast) and occasionally the USPS will open and inspect Media Mail shipments- they are checking to see if video games (not allowed at Media rate) are being mailed. (I don't sell video games or videos).
If you want faster domestic shipment, choose PRIORITY MAIL:
PRIORITY / INSURED SHIPMENT:LPs: ASK when you order, I'll quote at my approximate cost. The priority rates vary greatly by distance so the old flat rates I used to quote are pretty much useless. I don't try to make money on postage, I try to charge what it costs me to mail your parcel, the costs of tape, boxes, padding, labels, gas, my tme, etc are my business costs and aren't added to the ship quote.
Any number of 45's: $6 per order priority/ insured
Mix of 45's and LP's in the same package: you will be charged postage *ONLY* for the LP's in your order.
CD's: $2 for the first CD, $0.50 for each additional CD, sent first class with delivery confirmation. If you also order 3 or more LP's I will not charge any extra postage for *any* amount of CD's shipped together with the LP's.
USPS priority rates are now calculated by distance AND weight AND parcel size.
SELLING YOUR RECORDS?
If you have records to sell, please click on "buy / trade" link on the menu at left for detailed info and instructions.
For the most part, I only buy collectable rock, folk, soul & jazz records manufactured from about 1955-1972, and only in top condition. I am most interested in buying records from these kinds of collections:
1) Collections that were accumulated by persons in the music business (radio, advertising, promotion, distribution, retail, etc). This means collections that have a lot of DJ copies ("white label promos") and / or unplayed or sealed stock (unsold warehouse or retail inventory). Anybody from newspaper writers to radio station employees to ex-warehouse drivers to ex-shop clerks might have this type of material in their collections.
2) Collections containing a lot of British or European import LP's by "underground" rock groups circa 1966-1972. In other words, the kind of records you saw in the import bins in hip record shops in those days. If you used to work at JEM or Peters Int'l in those days and have lots of old imports, CALL ME NOW!
3) Collections purchased pre-1972 of original-label "classic rock" music in mint condition. NOTE: I do not want anything from this category of records made from the mid-1970s forward. This means mint condition copies that were purchased during the original years of issue (for example, if you own a copy of the first Doors LP purchased new in 1976, it is most likely not the original pressing; the true original was only available during 1967 and 1968). I do not want any records that are scratched or have worn or damaged jackets. Mint means they are still in essentially new condition (played carefully on high-quality gear and handled and stored carefully). People who have 25-100 LP's they played to death on a 'suitcase' or 'all-in-one' record changer probably don't have much that I would buy. People who bought 5000+ LPs during the 1960s-70s (or bought a lot of mostly older records in the 1980s) probably have a bunch of LP's for which I would pay well! Generally, huge collections owned by one person (I'm speaking of personal collections- not huge 'accumulations' from yard-sale, flea-market or estate-sale pickers or sellers) will mostly remain in top condition, given proper storage; nobody has enough time to give heavy play to multi thousands of albums...
This info pertains to rare / collectable records purchased thru the mails. If you are nearby (reasonable drive to/from Wilkes-Barre, PA area) and I can pick up your records in person, I will consider entire big collections, cheaper stuff, etc. Just ask...